Level 2 takes you from the playground to on-road training; it gives real cycling experience and makes trainees feel safer and capable of dealing with traffic on short commuting journeys or when cycling to school. This is a five session course, consisting of one 2 hour session (bike checks, playground routines and introduction to the road) and 4 x 1.5 hour sessions. CycleNOW also offer different lengths of Level 2 course including a popular three session Saturday morning course.
We need to make sure you are ready for the road so the first part of Level 2 will take you through the basics of signalling, braking and turning. There is no need to take level 1 as a seperate course before level 2. You must be relatively stable without stabilisers.
- Covering Level 1 in first session off road, the rest are on the road.....
- Start from a side road
- Stop on a side road
- Awareness of everything around them as they ride
- Understanding where to ride on the road
- Pass parked or slower moving vehicles
- Pass side roads
- Turn right into a major road and left into a minor road
- Do a u turn
- Turn left into a major road and right into a minor road
- Road narrowing
- Understand correct use of cycle lanes